Thursday, August 21, 2014

Passionately Curious


Over the summer, I had the opportunity to attend the 2014 ISTE conference in Atlanta (thank you FHS!). One of the keynote speeches, delivered by Kevin Carroll, was about how important it is to follow our sense of curiosity to achieve our highest potential.  He displayed a quote by Einstein that said "I have no special talents.  I am only passionately curious."  This quote describes how I look at my own learning.  Since I was young, I have always wanted to know how, when, and my parents' favorite - WHY?  My father will never forget the day he came home to see his Nikon SLR in pieces because 7-year-old Ranjana wanted to know how the pictures were made.

I don't think it's about being just curious anymore:  It's about being curious together.

The opportunity to connect and dialogue grows wider with each new Social Networking application.  I am a sharer (admittedly, sometimes an overshare-er); I love hear the thoughts of others to make my own understanding more clear.  I hope that through this blog, I can connect my questions and thoughts about the huge instructional shifts that are happening to my colleagues at Fenton and the larger educational community.  Some times I will share news articles that I find.  Other times, I will share the professional development and growth that's happening right here in our building.

I hope you enjoy the dialogue.  I know I am certain to!

No comments:

Post a Comment